LOCAL CASE STUDY
GARDEN CITY SHOPPING MALL (LANDSCAPING DESIGN)
Garden City is located between exits 7 and 8 on the Thika Highway.
The development features three acres of landscaped gardens.
01) Garden City Mall - Phase one
02) Garden city mall, hotel and car park-phase two
03) Garden City Village - Phase one
76 homes (apartments and duplexes)
04) Garden City Village - Phases two, three and four
344 homes (apartments, duplexes and town houses)
05) Garden City Office
20,000 sqm of office space
06) Garden City Hotel 120 room business hotel located over the retail and food terraces
07 Garden City Park – A 3-acre central park and recreation area
A - Open air auditorium with year round events and entertainment
B - Children’s adventure play area
USE OF ROCKS
- ROCKS OF VARYING SHAPES AND SIZES HAVE BEEN USED, ESPECIALLY AROUND THE FOUNTAINS.
ROCKS CREATE THE IMPRESSION OF ISLANDS IN THE POOL, WHICH IS ACTUALLY VERY SHALLOW BUT COLOURED BLUE TO CREATE THE ILLUSION OF DEPTH
THE ROCKS COULD ALSO PASS FOR SEATS.